Business Hours and Contact
The Consular Section opens from Monday to Friday, except National Holiday. (click here)
- Morning (visa application only): 09:30 — 12:30
- Afternoon (visa pick-up only) : 13:30 — 16:30
- Contact number for inquiry:
Tel: (81) 3-5412-8521 (Ext: 60)
Fax: (81) 3-3478-0644
Address: # 8-6-9 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 (see map)
Access: Ginza-line, Hanzomon-line, Oedo-line: Aoyama Ichome station, Exit 4; Chiyoda-line: Nogizaka station, Exit 3.
Application Procedure and Regulations
Japanese and Foreign nationals residing in Japan who wish to travel to Cambodia may apply entry visa for Cambodia at Royal Embassy of Cambodia in Tokyo or Honorary Consulates of Cambodia in Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo and Fukuoka. The following are requirements for visa application and regulation:
- Visa Application Form
Visa application form is applied for all types of Visa (download here).
- Japanese Nationals (holders of Ordinary Passports)
Applicant is required to complete one visa application form attached with one recent passport sized photograph (35 mm X 45 mm and with white background) and submit it with applicant’s passport.
- Minor under 12 years old
Applicant who is minor under 12 years old is required to submit the followings:
- Two visa application forms (one original and one copy) attached with one recent passport sized photograph (35 mm X 45 mm and with white background) and submit it with applicant’s original passport..
- Two photocopies of passport (data page only).
- Non-Japanese Nationals (holders of Ordinary Passports)
Applicant is required as same as Japanese nationals and submits with an additional copy of ID Card (for long-term resident) and copy of passport (data page only).
Note: Passport holders from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Algeria, Saudi-Arabia, Iraq and Iran must supply the followings additional references:
- A copy of return air ticket issued by airlines in Japan
- A copy of ID Card and passport (data page only)
- A support letter or invitation letter from office or organization in Cambodia where applicant plans to visit (if a visa application for business/official trip).
- A guarantee letter from travel agency in Cambodia or a confirmation letter of hotel reservation (if a visa application for tourist trip).
- Applicants must have a re-entry permit for Japan
- It is advisable that the above-mentioned nationals who wish to visit Cambodia as tourist should join tour package arranged by any travel agency in Japan which is the main guarantor for travel of its clients.
- Holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports
Applicant holding Diplomatic or Official Passport is required to complete the followings:
- Two visa application forms (one original and one copy) attached with one recent passport sized photograph (35 mm X 45 mm and with white background), and submit with applicant’s original passport.
- Two photocopies of passport (data page only)
- Verbal Note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (one original and one copy) for Japanese diplomats and officials.
- Verbal Note from foreign missions in Tokyo for non-Japanese diplomats and officials.
- Staff of UN Agencies, International Organizations, government’s agencies and NGOs
Staffs of UN agencies and International Organizations based in Japan, personnel of Japan’s governmental agencies, and members of Japanese Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs), holding Ordinary Passport, are required to complete the followings:
- Two visa application forms (one original and one copy) attached with one recent passport sized photograph (35 mm X 45 mm and with white background), two photocopies of passport (data page only) and submit with applicant’s passport.
- Two photocopies of passport (data page only)
- Verbal Note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for Japanese Government’s agencies (one original and one copy).
- Staff of Japanese NGOs operating in Cambodia are required to submit an additional copy of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which their headquarter office have signed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia.
- Staff of Japanese NGOs without representative office in Cambodia are required to submit an invitation letter from institution or conference/workshop organizer in Cambodia, and the letter of request from the head of NGO to which applicant belongs (one original and one copy).
- Letter of request from the head of UN Agencies or International Organizations to which applicant belongs and invitation letter from institutions or organizers of conference/workshop in Cambodia (one original and one copy).
- Two copies of ID Card issued by the head office where applicant is working for.
Types of Visa
There are 10 types of Visa as follows:
- A: Diplomatic
- B: Official
- C: Courtesy
- T: Tourist
- TM: Tourist (minor under 12 years old)
- E: Business
- EM: Business (minor under 12 years old)
- K: Khmer permanent residents (Khmer-born nationals)
- D: Transit (for crews only)
- DM: Transit Visa (minor under 12 years old)
Visa Fee and Visa Collection
- Visa T and Visa E are subject to visa fee as follows:
|Tourist Visa (T)
|Business Visa (E)
- Visa fee above shall be applied from 1st June 2013 onwards.
- Visa fee can be changed due to fluctuation of currency transaction with one month prior notice.
- We accept visa application only in the morning from 9:00 to 12:30.
- Visa will be issued for approved application within two working days.
Applicant shall pick up visa only at afternoon from 13.30 p.m. to 16.30 p.m.
* Tour conductors and those who travel to Cambodia other than purposes mentioned above shall apply Visa E.
- Make certain your passport does not enclose unnecessary papers inside.
- Fill in the visa application form in English language.
- Only cash is acceptable and make sure you have paid the correct amount.
- Bring the yellow receipt when pick up your passport. We don’t reissue the receipt.
- Check the visa when you received it. If you notice anything wrong, please inform us at once, we are not responsible for any error after you leave the Embassy.
Validity of Passport and Visa
- When applying visa, applicants must make sure that their passports must be valid at least six months from the expected date of entry into Cambodia.
- The validity of visa is for three months starting from the date of visa issuance while length of stay permit varies according to types of visa.
- Only “Single Entry” visa will be issued for the approved visa application.
- Length of stay permits for A, B and C visa is for three months. Holders of these visa categories can apply for extension at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia in Phnom Penh.
- Length of stay permit for T and E visas is for one month starting from the date of entry into Cambodia. T visa can be extended for not more than thirty days while E visa can be extended for one month or two months at the Immigration Department located in front of Phnom Penh International Airport. If holders of visa E wish to stay in Cambodia over one year, they must apply for temporary stay at the Ministry of Interior of Cambodia in Phnom Penh.
- Stay permit for Transit Visa (D) is for five days only and can not be extended.
- Visa K is permanent and issued for Khmer citizens residing in Japan or Japanese citizen of Khmer at birth. Those wishing to apply Visa K are advised to contact the Consular Section in advance before coming to the Embassy.
Some countries have signed agreements with Cambodia on mutual visa exemption. For more information, kindly refer to the attached matrixes on Visa exemption between Cambodia and foreign countries (Attachment download).
Information about International Border Checkpoints:
- Both Entry and Exit：
① PHNOM PENH International Airport
② SIEM REAP International Airport
③ BAVET ( Svay Rieng) Cambodia―Vietnam
④ POI PET (Banteay Meanchey), ChamYeam (Koh Kong), Cambodia—Thailand
- Exit Only：
⑤ SIHANOUK Ville International port
⑥ Dong Kralo（Stung Treng）Cambodia to Laos.
⑦ Kaoam Samnor (Kandal), Phnom Den (Takeo), Trapaing Sre (Kratie), Cambodia to Vietnam.
⑧ Chorm (Oddar Meanchey), Daung (Battam Bang), Prom ( Pailin), O Smach (Oddar Meanchey) Cambodia to Thailand.
E-Visa enables you to apply for a travel tourist visa online to Cambodia. For more information, please visit ONLY the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia: www.mfaic.gov.kh .
Applicants for E-Visa are advised to contact directly for any inquiry or/and clarification with the following contact:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
No.3, Samdech Hun Sen Street, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamcar Mon,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: (855) 23-224-973
Fax: (855) 23-224-972
WARNING: e-visa is not available through website in Japan. Applying e-visa through UNOFFICIAL WEBSITES fall under applicant's own responsibility.